- Two large chicken breasts sliced into thin pieces.
- 1 bottle of marsala wine (either dry or sweet according to preference).
- Whole or white flour
- Refined olive oil for cooking
- 50 grams of capers
- Juice of one large lemon
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper.
- 1.Over medium heat, warm several tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan for a few seconds, being careful not to burn the oil.
- 2.Generously coat chicken pieces with flour and place in pan, turning occasionally.
- 3.Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4.Add juice of one lemon.
- 5.When the chicken is essentially cooked, carefully pour a half bottle of marsala wine over it, stirring the mixture gently.
- 6.Allow alcohol to evaporate as sauce thickens. This may take about two minutes.
- 7.Add the parsley when it's almost done. If you prefer a thicker sauce, add a little flour.
- 8.Add capers last or sprinkle them over the chicken as a garnish. Serves four to six.
Recipe courtesy The Italian Cook at italiancook.ca.